According to Green Building Insider:
- If all buildings were made green, the global carbon footprint could be reduced by 15-20% annually
- Green-designed are homes are inherently created with energy and water conservation and efficiency in mind
- Over time, not only are you helping to save and conserve the environment, you’re saving money!
Sustainable Log Buildings
- You can rest assured that all Logspan buildings are built with sustainable timber
- Our buildings arrive unpainted. When you paint or stain yours, we recommend eco-friendly paints and stains
- “Log homes, due to natural insulation and warmer interior require less energy. Since there is a lower requirement to use heaters and other equipment, the energy consumption of log homes is lower by up to 25%”(source)
So, you’ve decided that you want to invest in an outdoor room? How exciting! At Logspan, we take great pride and pleasure in helping you every step along the way. With this in mind, we’ve put together a checklist of things to consider before purchasing an outdoor room:
- Is there enough room on your grounds for this and is there a flat surface prepared for it?
- Do you have planning permission? If you’re not sure if you really do or how to make it happen for you, visit our Planning Permission page that covers England, Scotland and Wales.
- Do you have adequate insulation plans? Insulation not only keeps you warm but it’ll protect your property inside and out.
- Do you have sufficient, safe power sources planned if you’re going to be having electricity in your room?
- What heating will you use? Is it sustainable? Is it cost-effective?
- If necessary, finding the right plumbing solution is essential for your outdoor room.
Choosing the interiors for an outdoor room can be the most exciting part of the process! Your decor may change depending on what you’re using the space for. For example, if you’re choosing to have a garden office, you may want to go for a rustic look.
Think raw, natural elements and muted colour tones. Both stylish and professional, this decor would be ideal for putting you in working mode, even at home.
If, however, you’re looking to create something of a “retreat” in your outdoor room, for yoga, meditation or even just a hideout from the real world, you may be more inclined towards greenery. Think hanging plants, succulents etc. If you’re choosing this, it’s vital that you don’t choose too many perfumed plants as you may become overwhelmed!
Finally, if you’re using your outdoor room for entertaining guests, a cosy room may be best. Think deep colours, cushions, candlelight and plenty of blankets.
When you’re looking to decorate your log cabin, you must ask yourself the following questions:
- What will this space primarily be used for?
- Will it be open-plan or cosy?
- Minimalist or homely?
- If you’re not one for the minimalist approach, bring trinkets, prints and blankets that make the log cabin feel like a real home from home
Log cabins have recently become front and centre of a huge surge in population for the Danish lifestyle of Hygge. Hygge, to put it simply, is about celebrating the simple pleasures in life during colder months. Friends, comfort food and low lights are all key factors in adopting the Hygge lifestyle.
If you want to adopt this for your log cabin, stock up on cushions, candles, blankets and your favourite sharing foods. Make the most of the colder months by using them as an opportunity to reconnect with friends and loved ones in your unique log cabin.
Some people use their log cabins as a space to undertake a “digital detox”. Surrounded by gorgeous scenery, with home comforts and a stove, who needs an internet connection?
Whatever you choose to do, please show us your unique log cabin designs!
What should your outdoor room be used for?
Your outdoor room is a blank canvas and the possibilities are endless – will this be an office? Where your family will eat together? Or is it a guest room? A home from home for your visitors, ensuring that they have the space they need but are moments away from the comfort of your family home.
Outdoor living room
An outdoor living room is an ideal area for entertaining, for connecting to one another and disconnecting from the internet. This could be especially beneficial when you have a number of guests.
It can be beneficial to create a space that belongs to your children and isn’t intruding on “family” space. An outdoor playroom offers children the opportunity to feel independent and free to be creative without worrying about surroundings.
Whatever you decide to use, you can rely on Logspan for the delivery, build and high-quality spruce. Order online today or get in touch to find out more.